SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 SCOTTISH RITE / SHRINE ONE DAY CLASS
The Scottish Rite Bodies of Maine and Kora Shrine will be hosting a One Day Class for all Master Masons who wish to join the Scottish Rite and/or Kora Shrine. The Fee to join the Scottish Rite will be $130.00 and the Fee to join the Shrine will be $175.00. Applications for each body be located in the Maine Mason Magazine or in the Kora Sands, or on the Kora website at korashriners.org.
The five degrees for the Scottish Rite and initiation for Kora Shrine will be held at Kora Shrine Center, 11 Sabattus St., Lewiston, ME.
There will be a lunch and/or dinner provided free for candidates who are joining one or both bodies. Meals will be available to non-candidates for a donation of $5.00 for Lunch and $5.00 for Dinner.
Meal reservations need to be made with Kate Hansen, Office Manager of Kora Shrine Center, Tel. No. 207-782-6831.
We encourage all Scottish Rite Brothers and Shrine Nobles to reach out to those Master Masons in their Blue Lodge and encourage them to apply for membership in the Scottish Rite and Kora Shrine through this special One Day Class.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
• 8:00 AM Registration for Scottish Rite (Coffee and donuts provided)
• 9:00 AM Opening of Consistory and Presentation of the 4th Degree – Master Traveler
• 10:00 AM Presentation of the 6th Degree – Master of the Brazen Serpent by Boston LaFayette Lodge of Perfection, Valley of Boston
• 11:00 AM Presentation of the 15th Degree – Knight of the East by Giles F Yates Council Princes of Jerusalem, Valley of Boston
• 12:00 PM Lunch – Presentation of the 16th Degree – Portland Council Prince of Jerusalem
• 1:30 PM Presentation of the 32nd Degree – Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret by Maine Consistory
• 3:00 PM Presentation of the DeMolay Degree by Maine DeMolay
• 4:00 PM Registration for Kora Shrine
• 4:30 PM Social Hour in Oasis
• 5:30 PM Dinner
• 7:00 PM Opening of the Temple and First Section Ceremonial by Kora Kraftsmen
Please send :
- Scottish Rite application to Bradford Blake, Secretary, Valley of Portland, PO Box 303, Bowdoinham, ME 04008
- Kora Shrine applications to Paul Sherman, Recorder, Kora Shrine Center, 11 Sabattus St. Lewiston, ME 04240.